View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 05:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Brenda,
It feels exactly as if I have a UTI (except it's not constant like a UTI), but we've checked and I do not. The last several nights, I've fallen asleep on the couch only to wake up around 2 or 3 am to have to go to the restroom before getting in bed. Well, that's usually when the worst pain is and it's been keeping me up for another 30 minutes to an hour after going to bed b/c of the pain. I *think* I'd rather have spasms in my legs again!

This "area" is the only place I've experienced the coldness. "Hot spots", on the other hand, have occured in many area on my body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy View Post
Jenn, my spasms cause the same symptoms that I have with an UTI. Which brings up a question I have, is there a home test for UTIs?

I have never experienced the coldness but as you know, MS can cause just about anything.

Good luck, and we need to have a "burn the symptoms" party--I'm certainly willing to get rid of all this weirdness.
Thanks, Desinie! My urinalysis has been normal, too. I've taken pyridium, but only when I've had bladder infections. If the pain & spasms are caused by the MS, will it still help? I'm sure that's a dumb question!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desinie View Post
Jenn, Hope your bladder spasms stop soon. I've had them before and a few times thought I had a UTI ,but my urinalysis came back negative. I've tried Pyridium for bladder pain and spasms and that does help me. It does turn your urine orange tho, just an FYI.
Thanks for the hugs, Sandy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyC View Post
They should pick up the spasms during the test since filling the bladder will most likely trigger the response. Good luck and I pray you find relief. Jim is taking Oxybutinin for his spasms.
Thanks, NurseNancy! I wonder if my bladder is too full and not completely emptying, is it possible the the leakage upon standing up (after urinating) is caused by that, too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNancy View Post
it's very possible that if your bladder is too full and you're not emptying at a sitting that the muscle is spasming.

the testing will show this is that's what happening.
it is painful. when i woke up from my surgery i couldn't go at all. they had given me 2 liters of fluid and had to cath me for relief.

i've been on detrol LA and it's helped very much.
i hope your appt goes well.
i hope you are able to make it til then without too much problem.

i will be anxious to hear how it went and what they dr found.
good luck.

12/05: MS Dx ~~ 1/06-5/06: Avonex ~~ 8/06-9/06: Copaxone ~~ 12/06: Betaseron ~~ 1/07: No DMDs For Now
jowen214 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote