View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 05:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks, Cherie! I've had paresthesia before, but never in this area. And I've never had the cold anywhere else...hot patches, but no cold.

I know what you're talking about with those "drip type feelings"! I've had that happen on my legs before, but mostly on the back of my arms.

About where the actual spasms are...definately the bladder. (Now here's something that most likely is too much info....I've also had 2-3 times when I've had spasms in the **** sphincter... . I sooo hate it when that happens!!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
Or it could be specifically referred to as paraesthesia:

http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/paraesthesia.html

"Dysesthesias is a symptom of pain or abnormal sensation(s) that typically cause hyperesthesia, paresthesiae, or peripheral sensory neuropathy.

Paresthesias

Paresthesias (abnormal neurological sensations that include numbness, tingling, burning, prickling, and increased sensitivity, or hyperesthesia) can include several conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, thoracic outlet syndrome, multiple sclerosis, strokes (cerebrovascular accidents), Guillain-Barré syndrome, transverse myelitis, and compartment syndrome/Volkmann's contracture."

6 of one, 1/2 a dozen of another. Whatever it's called, it's pretty common in various places of the body, with MS.

I get those ice cold sensations, usually in patches on my legs, and especially when I go into cold weather (but not always). It's like someone is suddenly holding an icepack to that spot. It lets up for me fairly quickly though, within a few seconds to minutes after I escape the trigger.

I also get "hot" burning patches, usually from being in the path of a heater (ie. in the car).

Sometimes though, I just get a "drip" type feeling too, and I swear I have water drops falling on me. This seems to be triggered by certain positions that I am holding my leg (ie. foot on gas pedal).

I get the spasms at the back end. I find the physical position of my body can have an impact on whether I get them, but mine aren't IN any organ in that area, just in the "meat". Are yours IN your bladder or just you just feel them in the area where you actually void? (Probably too private of a question . . . sorry . . . but just something to think about when describing it to the new doc.)

Cherie

12/05: MS Dx ~~ 1/06-5/06: Avonex ~~ 8/06-9/06: Copaxone ~~ 12/06: Betaseron ~~ 1/07: No DMDs For Now
jowen214 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote