View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 08:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Odd things I put together

The soup was chicken, cabbage and carrot with garlic, salt and pepper because those were our starting foods that I chose.

Offenders have been added in but there is no improvement in the response. For example:

Eggs still cause sinus issue. If the we want eggs, we have them, but only once every week or two. I'm waffling on whether we should be having them at all. We did end up discovering that eggs seem to be fine in baked goods though, which is very interesting. I have spoken to another woman at a local church group who also finds the same thing with eggs.

Sugar (refined): are severely limited and avoided whenever possible. Eg. I love Cara's crepe recipe, so I sweeten with ground carrots or apples rather than using sugar. I used to use only apples but 'Concerned Lady' mentioned that she likes using carrots, so now I alternate.

Other grains mixed with milk/cheese product: (like macaroni with cheese) fatigue. We only eat this about once every six weeks but it still gets us. This consistent response has started me on a 'combination' path of discovery. I have found articles that support our personal findings with this type of combination. However, I am also becoming more suspicious of all grains (starches) in general. I will try to ascertain whether the problem is simply grain or the grain/goat cheese combination..

Deep fried foods: fatique, brain fog, lethargy
We enjoy Chinese food, so I learned to make gf chicken balls at home. Also, french fries, as we don't trust any large vats of grease in restaurants. Also, a type of donut replacement recipe. These foods all seem to cause the same response. Therefore, we try to keep our 'restaurant' foods down to once per month.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who 'lost' their response simply due to avoidance. The cow milk was avoided for about six months in total, yet the response (leg bone pain) returned with the same immediacy as before it was withdrawn.

The children were three and five years of age. My son was listed failure to thrive (since six weeks of age) and no one could figure out how to help him. I fell to this elim diet in desperation and by chance (the SCD was in the wrong section of the library... so I feel the angels sent it to me ). I did not believe food could have this profound an impact on a person (as long as it was 'good' food). I did not follow our pediatrician's train when she suggested Celiac disease. Celiac Disease might be for other people but not for us. I would not let them do any more 'invasive' tests on my son because he had been through so many, yet nothing was ever found.

12/20/2002 The symptomatic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (see: docguide.com)

Last edited by pakisa100 : 09-04-2004 at 09:13 AM.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote