View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 09:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Like Wren, I started having constant headaches ,then simple and complex seizures (which I might add were misdiagnosed for several years), until I finally had a grand mal seizure (at 6 mos. pregnant) that landed me in the ER.
An MRI told the doctors there was a cyst on my brain that had been there since birth. A year later and hundreds of seizures later (complex partial) with ever increasing headaches that just wouldn't seem to go away, I had another MRI at a different hospital and that 'cyst' turned out to be a brain tumor.
Here I am six years later and deal with constant almost daily migraines. I now take Topamax to help with the migraines (100mg 2x daily) and it helps dramatically. I also take Midrin when I get the breakthrough migraine- which seems to be a lot lately. I try to use Tylenol 8 hour (the only OTC that does ANYTHING at all for me albeit little)and when that doesn't work I crack out the Midrin as a last resort. Have to limit how many of those I take a day/week. What I'm wondering is if my Topamax dose is too low?
"Thanks for this!" says:
shezbut (03-11-2009)