View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 08:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question

Action Alerts/Petitions
We are aware that wheelchair and scooter suppliers as well as manufacturers have been circulating information on this issue, including action alerts and petitions that urge individuals to contact Congress and CMS. Please bear in mind that much of this information was written before CMS revised the proposed coverage policy. Moreover, this information was not written for people with ALS only, was not developed in consultation with The ALS Association and has not been endorsed by The ALS Association. Had these organizations approached ALSA, the only nationwide organization dedicated solely to the fight against ALS, before soliciting our Chapters and individual PALS, we would not have supported the advocacy approach they are employing
( taken from Bobby's ALSA post above)
---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.mdausa.org/news/061101lewis_medicare.html

Previous link to the MDA
---------------------------------------------------------------

Weird...it seems the MDA and ALSA have a different stance on this issue.. It appeared that the MDA was urging contacting of congress as well when I clicked the link of the sample letter.. ...and the ALSA does not agree with the approach...or am I misreading something here ?
Jerry Lewis's post of his letter at the MDA was just two days ago...did circumstances change that quickly...or is there something more to it that I am missing?...
If anyone could share their thoughts it would be appreciated..my husband has his whelechair already..but I want to see PALS whom are newly diagnosed or slower progressing getting the wheelchairs they deserve as well...
Just Confused...Lisa

Last edited by lisag; 11-03-2006 at 09:21 PM.
lisag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote