View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 02:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridesthewind View Post
Interesting! Are there a lot of people here that rejoin that forum? Sort of like hovering Angels? Wonder if I should give it another go? The rules, as far as I can tell, is to only act in a supportive way, don't give ANY advice and act subservant to the moderators. Am I close?
LOL. Well, the subservient part is right. I think it even says right in "the rules" that you can't question moderator's decisions. Giving advice is okay but really as on any board, you can't and shouldn't pretend to be a medical expert if you're not. The main things are not allowing off-board contact (hence the no PMs or email) OR posting websites without approval. (The only exception is that .gov sites are okay and those of their commercial partners, like WebMd.) The site is all about keeping people active on their boards and not pointing someone to other sites that might lead them away. If online activity diminishes, so will their almighty advertising and sponsorship dollars. Besides the attitude of the mods, my biggest problem is that they pretend to exist for reasons other than they do. At least that's how I see it.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ridesthewind (08-10-2008)