View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

hi keri,

i still remember how shocked i was when my MS dx was confirmed. and i had been having tests for wks before. i knew i was being worked up for MS but still i was shocked, and i'm an RN!

so i understand how you feel. it takes a while for that to wear off.
don't shoot me . i've learned to take things one, ok, maybe two, days at a time. i try not to think ahead. no one, even healthy people know what the future holds. all you can do is work hard to get the MS under control and live one day at a time.

the hardest thing i had to come to grips with was to listen to my body.
i know what my limits are and what happens if i try to push past them. visual disturbances and extreme weakness/fatigue.

you might even consider journaling. it really helps to clarify your feelings. and somehow getting it on paper is cathartic.

and, you might even consider some counseling. it's very helpful for me to be able to "detox" and talk to someone about what's happening in my life.

i hope your exacerbation levels off soon and you feel better.
we're here for you.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote