View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 01:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I went onto .. oops.. Hi everyone!! ok..Hi Miller prof!
Okay.. I went on to Wikipedia, the free encyelopedia, and this is what I found.. Low dose, naltrexone (LDN) where the drug is used in doses approximately one- tenth those used for drug/alcohol rehabilitation purposes, is being used by some as an "off-label" experimental treatment for certain immunologically-related disorders, including HIV/Aids multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's cancer, autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis, and central nervous system disorders.
Now, check this out... The main use of naltrexone is for treatment of alcohol dependence!
After publication of the first two randomised, controlled trials in 1992, a number of studies has confirmed its efficacy in reducing frequency and severity of relapse to drinking.
Naltrexone is an opioid receptor antagonist used primarily in the management of alcohol dependence and opioid dependence. It is marketed in generic form as its hydrochloride salt, naltrexone hydrochloride, and marketed under the trade names Revia and Depade.
In some countries including the United States, an extended-release formation is marketed under the trade name Vivitrol. It should not be confused with naloxone, which is used in emergency cases of overdose rather than for longer- term dependence control.~Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote