View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 12:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You might want to get an air mattress to lay on the floor of the van; then over it, you can put a tempurpedic topper, the 1 1/2 - 2' width one. Between the two, it might absorb the shock of going over bumps. My concern is that being low to the base of the van the vibrations and bumps would need to be well absorbed. But with a charger and small TV, you might have a ride of relative royalty! I can just imagine, lying in the back of the van covered by a comfy quilt, on a really soft mattress, with a driver taking care of all the details of navigating. Could be a nice experience, done right. A martini?

Oh, the pillows my daughter calls "husbands"---you know the ones that prop up your back in bed and let you attach a light to read or watch TV by?

I'm just thinking---how can we turn this into a luxury adventure?

But really, think of the all the little details that could make that trip comfy and don't skimp on them. Try to think about what makes you most comfortable--what positions, textures of bedclothes, type of mattress, and see if you can translate that into the van.

I love it that you are going...this is so exciting...finally, hopefully, a good, in-depth evaluation for Billye! Yaaah!

LizaJane

www.lizajane.org
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote