View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 05:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question csf leak

hello neuro talkers
I have had a head injury on the 19th of December last year were I got fractures to my, frontal / temporal / maxilla/ and orbital floor bones on the right side of my head I have no sensation in the right side of bottom eye lid/ nose top lip/ teeth and gum's also double vision in my right eye I came to in the waiting area of a hospital not knowing were I was or what had happen I could not see my phone so asked the receptionist to call my partner she said the police had phoned some three hours earlier and said I was in a bad way but was ok this was 3am my partner came out with my 7 year old when they arrived I was finally seen by a doctor I could not tell my left from right when xrayed I was given a letter to take to another hospital some 30 miles away ( the queen Victoria East Grinstead uk famous for its work WW2 fighter pilots burns victims known as the gini pig club) there I was scanned told the extent of my injury's they said they could not operate until the day after boxing day 7 days away they gave me some anti bots and pain killers and told me not to blow my nose ( No head injury sheet) a couple of days later I got a cough and cold every time I coughed I had clear fluid run out my nose (not mucus) from the cold about an egg cup full a day salty and thin clear liquid I now know was CSF leaking , I returned to the hospital for the op to fit 3 metal plates to the fractured bones I got into bed and told the nurse that I was worried about this stuff coming out my nose, she said can you make it come out so I coughed and it trickled out . she went and got the surgeon who done some neurological tests he said he could not operate and sent me for a brain scan I was to return for the op on new years eve which I did and the op was done the staff at the hospital were all very nice , but I am left with crushing daily head aches, short term memory loss, find it hard to think, low mood, and a salty taste at the back of my throat could this be the CSF leaking I have had to give up work as I could not cope with my job any more, I have an appointment on the 18 September with a neurologist , Can CSF leak internally ? will my symptoms get better if they can fix it ?
ps I was a victim of an unprovoked attack at a railway station but still have no memory of that night
kind regards Vini
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote