View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 06:48 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My thighs are my WORST area, so I got creative. I was ready to give up.

First, after EVERY injection. Arm/leg/tummy Auto injector OR manual doesnt matter. After the injection, wipe the area with a damp cloth to remove any spilled or leaked med, and PUSH straight down into the injected area. FIRM pressure. For copaxone DONT RUB, DONT RUB, DONT RUB! Copaxone is a sharp crystal type med, and you will break the crystals if you rub on them. Just push straight into it for 15 to 30 seconds. It pushes the med from the upper layer of fat, into the deeper layers of fat. it will be absorbed more quickly.

Ok, onto the thighs. The front of your thighs has some of the strongest muscles in the body. Thick and strong, and really hard to avoid. pull over to the SIDE of your thigh, or even towards the back side of your thigh. LOTS of fat pad there. Even chunky girls have trouble finding enough fat on the front of their thighs to shoot properly. Head over to the side and ta da! nice fat pads even on skinny girls. If you cant get that inch pinched up, or still hit muscle, you may need to switch to manual at a 45 degree angle.

The AI (auto inject) goes straight in on 90 degrees, so a manual at an angle (doesnt have to be perfect) will help with that.

With copaxone after 24 hours, you can hand massage with lotions or oils. After 48 hours you can use a machine massager. pound those lumps into butter.

I hope that helps.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ashaffer99 (08-11-2008), dmplaura (08-11-2008), FinLady (08-11-2008), GladysD (08-13-2008), Niko (08-11-2008), NurseNancy (08-11-2008)