View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 07:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Ooo WOW! Your Doc Is Willing To Try It Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinson View Post
I have received a permanent stimulator but this is in my cervical neck area. I have had problems from the very beginning even on the trials. They say that the neck area is the hardest for one of these to be put in. I am having another leed put into my neck area this week. I hope this gives me some relief because the pain is getting real bad. I can say it did work for me when I fist got it put in but then I got the flu and it has never worked for me since. For some reason it was giving me a headache every time I turned it on and that was not good. They have decided to put a third leed in to offset the others. I have decided if this does not work the only other option is a pain pump but the doctors don't want to do that because I am still so young. All I can do is keep trying what the doctors want me to. I hope it helps.
Vinson!!!!

In 04 I had the cervial stimulator implanted and 5 days after I was in a cab accident which pulled the leads out. Had it reimplanted 8 days after that and it has never ever worked. If I turn it on I might as well grab ahold of a cattle prod! No doctor in my area here in New England is willing to touch it. The original quack sewed it into my cervical area and they are afraid that if they cut away the tissue around it that has formed, than they may be cutting nerves too. How Grande!

Every Doc I have been too from Boston to New York has basically said "Oh Well" here are some drugs. And thats it. But I am going to keep my fingers crossed for YOU and I will hope for the best!!

Chin Up! Mark

"MY MOMMA SAID THERE'D BE DAYS LIKE THIS!!!
ATallOne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote