View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 11:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Vitamin/Mineral Lists - who can we trust?

Still detoxing off the morphine. Thought I was over the worst when my doctor told me my fat cells store opiates and will continue releasing them until .... they are all gone I guess. Wow, that sure made my day. Doesn't really matter, I am off and staying off. Too many problems cropped up from "side effects". Not that opiates may have caused all of them, but when you can go down the list of side effects and see that you have started having these problems since you went on the opiates... time to quit.

Now, I went to WebMD to see what they had to say about Vitamins and Minerals. I was not entirely happy with their opinions, but certainly will take their advice on max dosages, etc.

I would like to find a reliable list of min/max dosages. Our grandson, whom we affectionately call "Typhoid Lucas" because he can find a cold germ most anywhere he goes. He struck again. We both have the sniffles, stuffy nose and in my case, lung problems. I have to be very careful due to severe respiratory problems, so ........... one place on the web says to take a kajillion mg of Vitamin C. Another says a mere 3000mg of time released Vitamin C will do it. My pill container is overflowing now. 19 prescriptions and Vit B, with another 200 mg of B1 for memory help, 3 Vitamin C, Cal-Mag x3 and 2 High Potency Multi-vitamins. I read somewhere they are giving alcoholics 300mg of B1 a day to help them with memory loss, with some positive results. Can't hurt, so I am trying it.

BTW, if you have ever been in Sears tool department and seen those black canvas bags we carry tools, etc. in .... I am using one of those for my meds and vitamins. It is full.

Maybe mrsd can rescue me on this one. OH... one of our daughters sent me Juice Plus Orchard Blend capsules. I have not opened it yet ... not sure what to do with it.

We are eating lots of fresh fruit, home grown garden stuff ... no chemicals used...you get the idea. Anyway, it would be nice to have a website where we could at least rely on the
min/max numbers. Thank you.