View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
What the problem is I think is inpart do too the autoinjector ( I'm glad I got it or I would't be able to do my shots because I don't think I'll ever be able to do manual.)It takes me alittle while to do all my shots,but my thighs I literally sit in the bathroom for about 2 hours before I can press the damn button it's the damn noise of the autoinjector and it startles me every time(it's like I'm paralyzed with fear or something). I wish they would come out with a Silent or at least near silent autoinjector. And it's the angle issue too. Maybe I need to be on some anxiety pills or something I don't know maybe that would help me. Well, I got to leave for work now. See, you guys later Kristi
I never thought I could do a manual injection either. I finally got tired of the hugenormous welts the autoject was leaving me with. They were so painful I couldnt do a shot every day. Because I was waiting for welts from a week before to go down and heal so that I could inject. It was impossible for me to rotate because the welts were so huge.

I finally got totally frustrated, quit for a week or two, and then got my dad (he's a nurse) to teach me how to do manual injections. (my copaxone nurse took about 2 1/2 months to show up to teach me to use the autoject after I first got my Rx, I wasnt about to wait for her to show up again)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote