View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post
some critter planted a kernel of corn in my herb garden and I don't have the heart to pull it up....it's got on small ear of corn now. And those yellow peppers are getting longer...still haven't tasted one!

Cheryl I posted about a vinyard in the sleepless thread at sos...silly place to put it as you are gonne miss it! I must go down there and sneak a picture of it! Unbelievable around here.
I think you are going to love the peppers. And gee, what a surprise with the corn!

We have a lot of vineyards around here. Idaho has some great wines!

http://www.idahowines.org/

Eagle Knoll Winery is about 3 miles down the road from me. We've done some wedding receptions there (I work part time for a florist). There's also a golf course there. It's a nice place.

Sawtooth has some great wines.

I've sent out some nice gift baskets to clients with Idaho products with local wines and I do have some in my collection.

I've personally never put in a vineyard as they are more of a large scale agricultural operation. I did study about them in school. Quit the operation. Lots of work. I have enough just keeping up with the peach trees I have in my yard and that doesn't count the over 450 trees I have in my nursery, so I don't need a vineyard. But maybe that's something I could do once I get rid of all the trees!! Hmmmm....something to think about!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote