View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks Silverlady for your input. I never like to discuss other people's conditions as a third party, so I was hesitant to start a discussion about what she has gone thru, but she knows a lot about Sjogren's....and was the force pushing me to continue harping on my biopsy, which was finally what has gotten me to this point....with the diagnosis of Sjogren's and probably additional autoimmune disease.

Three weeks is about right....I got over the worst of the biopsy in 3 weeks....but as I said, to make it valid, make sure you are off all anticholinergics...and even some drugs that are not usual anticholinergics can produce dryness. Get off those first. They do not want to repeat the test.

I had numbness in the area of the biopsy pretty badly for about 5 years. It is fine, as it isn't in an area where it matters. I still have a slight bit of numbness there.

I tell you this only because, diagnosis needs to be done correctly, and I hate to see any one go thru pain and suffering and have it not be useful.

Silverlady and I have very similar issues, and her experiences have helped me in my journey. I was about to give up and just say they don't know what this is, it is hereditary or something they can not figure out, and it appears that they feel it is autoimmune now, and I am hoping for a second shot at IVIG if I am lucky. Apparently there is a shortage?? and the price has gone up??? Don't know the truth to this, but, regardless, I would like a second shot at it...it has been many years and I wish they had not stopped it for steroids.

Well, good luck to you. Diagnosis can take years and can change over and over. It is frustrating, even when tests start coming back positive all over the place.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote