View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 03:15 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

hi CaliTJ

welcome to this forum and glad you can talk to us.

now, please don't be mad with what I am about to say. I am basing it on your post.

I am trying to think it from your Aunt's perspective and thinking that she said that from a point of love.

Survivors of the suiciders usually if not all, feel angry...the reason being that they can't believe that the person committing the suicide can LEAVE them...making that ACT itself on the "selfish" side.

Of course, being a "suicider" (at least in attempt) myself, I can related that at least for me, it was not a selfish act. I was going to "HELP" everyone be out of their miseries for having to deal with me.

what I've said doesn't define it for everybody so it is just my humbled opinion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

with that said, how your Aunt said it to your son could be coming from that she wants your son to NOT attempt suicide because she would be really hurt (shall he ever even think about it, that is)

On the other hand, she could also still be very angry with you thus using your son as a pawn to voice her hurt and anger...

not that you should put up with her anger. But perhaps you guys can find some time to talk about it.

Maybe to let her understand where you are coming from...

but I am with Jo, the choice of words to use is really not the best...especially with an 8 yo...

I dunno, I don't have the answers and I am just glad that you can come here to talk about it...

((((BIG HUGS))))

I will be taking a little time off to deal with some stuff...and I am sure there will be folks here a lot smarter than I am here to help you...

I just wanted to say hi and welcome and that I hope you'll keep talking to us...

hope to see you when I get back...

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (08-12-2008), Alffe (08-11-2008), tamiloo (08-18-2008)