View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Oooo! I'm about to get a new (used) computer!

My dad just got his brand new computer (iMac) from his work. He gets this "educational" allowance every year, to be used on whatever he wants, like going to educational seminars, or for getting a new 'puter.

So, he just got a nice big iMac. So, once he gets all of his stuff transferred from the old 'puter to the new one, I'll be getting his old macintosh. (which he bought a few years ago with his own cash, not with his educational money)

Now I'll be able to hook my old computer (a crappy Gateway) up to my tv and use it like a Tivo. (my Tivo is dying right now as we speak)

I just need to clean my desk off, and clean out my yarn cabinet, which used to be a computer cabinet, to put my old computer into.

I'm excited! I'm not a big fan of Mac's, but I'm willing to learn how to work it, since I think having to learn new things keeps my brains working, and I'm all for keeping my brain working well. Plus, my Gateway is almost four years old, and I've noticed that most Windows based computers dont last much longer than 3 or 4 years...I'm getting the Mac just in time.

I better start clearing off both my desks, it's going to take me a week or two to get them clean at the rate I move when cleaning. Not sure where I'm going to put my crochet/knitting projects, and all the junk that I've accumulated. I guess I'll be donating a bunch of yarn to charity.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote