Thread: cyclosporine
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 04:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hello!

Hello! I'm fairly new to this whole MG thing (diangosed in March, had a thymectomy in April) and am currently on Prednisone as well as Cellelpt. Now from what I've heard (from my docs) Cellcept is a better option - due to less side effects. Again, I don't know ANYTHING about cyclosporine, but my Grandmother underwent a heart transplant back in 87 and I know she was on it........From what I could gleen from my hemacologist/oncologist, Cellcept is the next generation of cyclo, but it does carry some very, very serious side effects (PML being the main one) howver, I decided to take it, cuz' I'm desperate for remission - I'll do anything at this point....Have you had a thymectomy? What are your docs saying? When were you diagnosed? How are you feeling today? When you get a chance, let me know how you are doing...........Take care! Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestone View Post
Hello everyone
My last post I think was last year...
On March I started cyclophasphamide, at hospital. The MG was not so bad on June. July was a difficult month, the drug was not working, the side effects were so bad. Last week I knew I had to stop pulsotherapy because of its toxic effects.
Now, I had to start cyclosporine, aside from other medications.
What can I expect from this new drug? (I'm feeling sad...)

I hope everyone is in good health...
thanks for listening
bluestone