View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 01:03 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Mark,

I wanted to touch up on this subject. Jewells is absolutely right. The reason that person ask you about a Physchatrist could have been for 2 reasons, one to give you a hint that it might be something you should do to get your SSDI or to find out so they could turn you down because of it.

I fought for mine for years with a lousy lawyer that lived on the golf course. Didn't know that at the time but he never returned my calls.

After 8 years of fighting and at least 6 denials. A Social Security worker told me that even though I had all of my diagnoses and one was major depression that I needed to see a Physchatrist because they would not take my PCP's word. You don't find to many SS workers that will give you this help. She sat it up for me to see a Physchatrist, I know I'm not spelling that word right, but she diagnosed me within 20 minutes she said she would see to it that I got my SS. In the meantime I wrote to the State Rep and sent him a copy of my file and within one week I got a letter saying I had been approved.

I know many people around here that has gotten their SS solely on the depression, not that I understand it but it is mostly of what they go on.

Please think about going to see a Physchatrist. Most people in our shape does deal with depression and it's nothing to be ashamed of. If only you go long enough to get your diagnoses then so be it but once you find a good one you will be happy you did.

Sorry this is so long but I just felt it was important to put in my 2 cents worth and to say hi to a good friend.

Love,
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote