View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 01:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I just wanted to say that I went to my third RA doc today and I think he is the keeper...It took three docs/ actually four if I count the one I went to years ago...but he was so wonderful...He sat and talked to me for about fifteen minutes...until he saw my eyes glazing over I think...My pain meds have a tendency to do that.... But he explained everything to me...

He never mentioned Fibromyalgia to me...I realized I was spelling the name of this disease wrong...I put an "r" in it ...anyway...He is doing more testing and is not ruling out the RA diagnosis just because I tested low...He said it may just be a low reading and I need to be on the drugs for a year to knock it out completely...He said we do not want to let it grab hold, so if we can knock it out with drugs now, we will do it...

He was so very, very nice...I mentioned it to the receptionist and she laughed. She said they hear that a lot...but honestly...He talked before the exam, did the exam and then talked to me after explaining the drugs...He gave me two scripts...One for hydroxychloroquine and another for prednisone...

He sent me for more blood work and they took nine vials of blood...He is looking for everything and told me to read about Ankylosing spondylitis as well. I think he is not willing to rule anything out until we get the blood test results...It was just so nice to have someone that was willing to investigate this further...If I test positive for nothing else...that is great too...at least I have the peace of mind of knowing he looked at everything...not knowing and guessing is the worst...I think the others jumped to Fibro just to get rid of me...

8/17/05 - Cervical Fusion - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 - Anterior and Posterior Fusion with plate in front and rods and screws in the rear - Corpectomy at C-4 and C-5 and microdisectomy at C6-7.

1/4/05 - Lumbar Laminectomy -L3, L4, L5, S1, S2 Obliteration of Tarlov Cyst at S2. Failed surgery!
GJZH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote