View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 07:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you all for your kind words of support and advice. I agree that my Aunt may have mispoke and her intentions not passive agressive. I should cut her some slack as she is going through a lot herself. It just hit me hard, like a slap. I guess she doesn't KNOW what I am thinking and therefore may not realize that she could hurt me with her choice of words. I guess I just would have wanted a more "tender" and not "tough love" approach to the matter.

I am not sure when I will talk with my son. He is a very intellectual child and can have a tendency to be somewhat depressed easily. I do worry at times that his college years might be hard like mine were. I had thought that I would have the discussion when he went off to college in 9 years. He probably won't hear it around as I was out of state going to college and didn't know any of the people I know now. Maybe when puberty is approaching....ugh...dreading the idea!!! Oh and he brought it up when he heard his father discussing a fire call he was on involving a suicide. He wouldn't let it drop, he was very inquisitive about the whole thing...but he is pretty much always like that!

Thank you all again, I am so happy I found this place. I never get to speak of it much and it actually feels good to let a little of it out!

TJ
caliTJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (08-12-2008), Alffe (08-12-2008), Doody (08-12-2008), Jomar (08-12-2008), tamiloo (08-18-2008), who moi (08-14-2008)