View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSacorn View Post
You're lucky. I hope to get a laptop someday. And want a mac, just for the learning curve/challenge. Besides, I've heard once you go mac, you never go back.

I'll happily be your yarn charity recipient.

's
I have to figure which yarn I can give up first. My dad said that he could probably go buy me a new plastic tote to put what I can get into. (I used to have about a dozen LARGE rubbermaid totes full of yarn. I made a lot of scrap afghans, and got rid of some of the empty totes)

And, if you're a really dedicated crocheter/knitter, you never want to give up any of your stash...You might NEED it!

I've never given away yarn before. Not sure that I can do it.

I've been an anti-Mac person for awhile. When my computers started act weird the past few months (I have a 7yr old laptop, a 2yr laptop, and 3yr old desktop) I started to get very annoyed with Windows based computers. I told my dad that when he got his new iMac, that I'd be willing to take his old one to see if I could handle using a Mac. If not, my mom gets it.

This is kind of like when I learned to knit. I'd been a crocheter for 30yrs and never really wanted to learn to knit. I learned to knit by accident...the MS made itself known, and I'd learned basic knitting 2days before but wasnt planning on sticking with it. I was so stressed out by the optic neuritis, and the stress of getting diagnosed, that I needed something to keep my mind off of things. So, I kept up with the knitting.

Now that I can crochet AND knit, I kind of like trying new things. So, I'm going to try the Mac. Cant be too much different than learning to like knitting. Plus, if I dont like it, either my mom, or my sister will get it. (my sister is a serious Mac user. She's used Macs since the early 80s when both Windows and Apple were developing computers. Her first computer was an Apple 2/E or was that a Apple 2/C?? something like that)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MSacorn (08-12-2008)