View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 04:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

my best tips are not exactly cooking related, but help the act of cooking-

buy good tools. Dyson mats are a girls best friend (or go cheap and just buy the summer-y placemats made of perferated rubber); nothing will slidea round. I swear by my OXO Good Grips collection, especially the mixing bowls w/"no skid", big handle grips, whisk, can opener, chefs knife. I also cannot survive without the mini chopper for cutting up veggies, nuts, and chicken pieces. I organize the fridge door (salad dressing together, same for marinade/soy sauce etc, mustard with mayo and catsup etc)and keep it that way to save on those brain dead days. Buy or make a large bag of mixed salad. Use those green bags for fruit and veggies - they work really well just like the tv promised (buy them at the store to save money)

Marry a husband who likes t (or will learn) to cook. Make double batches and freeze 1/2 for those days you can barely get out of bed. Use a lipped tray on the table to help set/clear - just put the S&P, butter, salad dressing etc on it and put the tray (with everything still on it) right into the fridge.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (08-12-2008), CayoKay (08-13-2008), Victor H (08-12-2008)