View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 05:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyI View Post
AJ you are right to raise this important question. And I liked your response about the can of worms too!
Sometimes I am envious of the depth of advocacy in the US. Right now I am not.
The point about "the use" of the database is a can of worms. So you will never make a decision by consensus. You must surely create a committee here with a Chair. They should have responsibility for how the data is used. Of course, there could also be regional committees which supply the the central database which have their own set of rules. If you create a network of data feeding ever upwards you have Christmas tree effect which should cater for everyone's needs.
This is not really my place to say it, but my perception of this is that you need to choose or even elect a committee asap before we lose impetus.
Carey seems enthusiastic about this - could she not Chair and work out a democratic way of choosing a committee. Someone needs to grab this and take charge.
Sorry to interfere.
Tom
PS I think this whole idea does link in with WPC very nicely. Let's get it up and running first.
Tom - I'm confused - is what we are proposing as committees different than your regional committees? At what point and by whom do you see tackling the "can of worms" in your vision?

Any and all advice is welcome! You absolutely are not interferring!

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote