View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 07:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry I didn't reply sooner just saw this post and not sure if you found what you needed. But in case.

From my understanding according to the Fair Housing Act when it comes to Emotional Support Animals, housing cannot charge you a pet deposit. As for having the limit of pets as well as an ESA this part I really cannot say. I know that a Service Animal are exempt to the number and other things that a companion animal isn't but not sure when it comes to ESA.

Remember though that the only two laws that protects you on having a Emotional Support Animal is the DOT and the FHA. The ADA does not recognize emotional support animal therefore you cannot be accompanied with an emotional support animal in place of business.

My suggestion is to contact your local Fair Housing and get the information that you will need. This way you will get the true facts about emotional support animal as these animals are protected under the Fair Housing. I believe that you will need doctor's documentation on the fact that you do need an emotional support animal for your medical condition.
On Call 24/7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote