View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 12:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was reading in a neurological magazine how doctors are just now realizing how different medications and treatments can have a significant cogitive impact for people. Everyone is different, but sometimes it takes a long time to recover. Often times, just reducing or eliminating difficult medications causes improvement. We know now that a good diet and light exercise helps in this area. Avoiding fats and too much sugar is always helpful.

In addition, taking a multi vitamin and perhaps extra nutrients might help and it might be a very good idea to talk with your doctor or a nutritionist about this. The B vitamins help with depression and might also help with memory. This is why I take and recommend that my friends who are having health concerns take a B50 tablet, in addition to thier multi vitamin. It has a variety of B vitamins and covers most everything. Another supplement to look into would be Omega 3. You can get this from eating things like Wild Salmon and watch for products made with them. You can even find them in things like eggs and peanut butter these days. Honestly, you would be surprised with how much a good diet, added vitamins and a little exercise helps with memory issues.

The items mentioned above (diet, excerise and vitamins) help with memory and depression...so it is a winning combination.

Still another issue...getting enough sleep has been proven to help with memory. Again, natural things should be tried first. Warm milk at night, relaxation tapes, melatonin from the health food store (usually 1-3 mgs).

In addition, I think most doctors would not even consider prescribing something to help with memory until all natural efforts have been sincerely tried first.

Don't forget, there is a good chance that time will be your biggest asset with reference to feeling better..which is what you are after.

Ask your doctor if any medications or treatments you are taking could cause memory issues. If so, maybe they could be lowered/reduced/switched or eliminated. Think about any changes that you might make to your diet and to inquire about possible supplementation. I do wish you well...I understand how frustrating this can be.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (08-16-2008), prettynpinkk (09-10-2008)