View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 03:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
I have to figure which yarn I can give up first. My dad said that he could probably go buy me a new plastic tote to put what I can get into. (I used to have about a dozen LARGE rubbermaid totes full of yarn. I made a lot of scrap afghans, and got rid of some of the empty totes)

And, if you're a really dedicated crocheter/knitter, you never want to give up any of your stash...You might NEED it!

I've never given away yarn before. Not sure that I can do it.

Now that I can crochet AND knit, I kind of like trying new things. So, I'm going to try the Mac. Cant be too much different than learning to like knitting. Plus, if I dont like it, either my mom, or my sister will get it. (my sister is a serious Mac user. She's used Macs since the early 80s when both Windows and Apple were developing computers. Her first computer was an Apple 2/E or was that a Apple 2/C?? something like that)
I so understand the keep the stash, it must always increase, never shrink. No pressure, I've just threw my hat into the ring.

I gave away a trash bag full of yarn when I left Denver last year. I freecycled it and it went to a new crocheter who wanted to make afghans for a charity. She was so excited, it made the experience of letting go a bit easier.

Good luck learning the Mac. Sounds like you've got a lot of family to help you out. Enjoy the ride.

's

Breathe In HOPE, Breathe Out DETERMINATION
MSacorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote