View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 04:38 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Wait a minute....

leonore, there is some serious danger here so be careful. Do a forum search and you will find the full story, but the condensed version is that the standard way of doing things is to hit the HP with a mix of antibiotics and wipe it out.

A healthy person can do that but for a PWP it can be the end and I'm not kidding. The problem is that all those dead bacteria flood the system with toxins. Our slow GI tract, leaky gut wall, and leaky BBB combine to spread the toxin to places that we definitely don't want it. It can do serious nerve damage and even put you into a wheelchair.

You may remember Ron's experience with his infected tooth recently. Same toxin but in the case of HP eradication there is a lot more of it, it hits all at once, and it is in areas beyond your defenses.

So, what to do? Good question. My own answers are tentative so don't put too much faith into them, but....

First, consider the possibility that HP is not the problem but that its overgrowth is. There is reason to suspect that it may be beneficial in lower numbers. It lives nowhere but the human stomach. Killing one's host is bad design.

Second, get the GI tract working before doing anything. Whatever it takes.

Third, one thing that both stimulates the GI tract and kills HP is rhubarb root. I try to take it a few days evey now and then and it seems to have it under control. But remember hat the idea is reduction of numbers, not eradication.

Fourth, follow up with probiotics. I know that HP is in the stomach and everyone else is downstream, but I do it anyway.

Finally, and I haven't tried this yet, there is an intriguing treatment using healing clays to absorb toxins from the GI tract. Seems like it would fit right in.

Anyway, be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonore View Post
well, I just got my biopsy results back from endoscopy, and quick research shows this h-pylori bacteria, when treated, helps reabsoption of levadopa, and returns one to longer "on" periods. Anyone care to share what they know?? Leonore (on vacation in Cape Cod at cell at 347 489 9123)
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote