View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

My thigh muscles are still hurting and the nerve pain is still bad but might be a little bit better. I just feel terrible and am exhausted and my back is in major pain.

I woke up this morning and sat on the side of the bed to take my morning pills. Heart pill, Premarin, Lexapro, Gabapentin and Zocor.

I don't know what hit me but I thought about the Zocor! I posted on the Medication thread several months ago and remembered reading about Statins. I got on and checked a few of the threads and then looked up the side effects of Zocor.

Oh my gosh, there are tons of side effects from Zocor including muscle damage and atrophy. It blew my mind when I saw that.

I started Zocor 4 days before my problems began in May. I got out my receipt from the pharmacy and checked the calendar to be sure and then made a call to my Neuro's office.

My Neuro's nurse called me back and I told her that I was still just miserable and my thighs were not any better after stopping the Avonex shots. I told her that I don't think I mentioned anything to Dr. Husain about starting Zocor. I didn't even give a thought after she saw my thighs and the damage.

I asked the nurse if this could be my problem and she said yes. Zocor had terrible side effects and that I should stop taking it immediately and tell my PCP about it. I will see my Neuro in Oct.

It all makes sense to me now. I may be all wrong about this but it sure sounds logical to me. If the Zocor can cause muscle damage, it would go straight to the site areas on my thigh muscles where I have been injecting and it is weaker than the other muscles. It just doesn't make sense to me that both of my thighs could develop muscle and nerve damage at the same time!!

I guess I will have to wait and see what happens when I stop the Zocor. I hope that I have found the answer to this. I have searched everywhere and have not found any information about this. I pray that this damage will not be permanent because it really hurts so much. I am worn out.

IMAGINE
RRMS - 1992 -- SPMS - 1993
Not on DMD's

Becky21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bearygood (08-12-2008), slskckjebw (08-12-2008)