View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 11:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello and Welcome to the NeuroTalk community

I have a friend/neighbor (Cheryl) who works in an assisted living home which has 8 patients and several types of lifts - one of which is a hoyer lift.

I just called her to ask her about how she uses the hoyer lift for taking patients to the toilet, and she said that she uses the cut-out sling, and that the patients bottoms (pants and undies) are removed while they are in bed before they are put in the sling for the lift, and a blanket/towel is placed on their lap for privacy.

For this reason, each patient has their own cut-out sling for lifting to the toilet.

She was on her way out the door to go to work, but she said that she would be happy to answer more questions for me tomorrow...

I hope that helps, but please let me know if you have anymore questions about the lift because Cheryl (the nieghbor and friend) has been working with lifts for years and she is happy to answer any questions (she has no computer of her own, but she lives close enough that my wireless laptop works in her house, plus she is 2 doors and 1 phone call away).

Take care,
Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote