Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 11:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi purplepal and Welcome

I was diagnosed with ADD when I went to see a new psychaitrist for my anxiety. Part of the new patient paperwork was a 2 page 'symptoms survey'...

Over the next several appointments with the new psychaitrist he asked a lot of questions about my life, my school years, etc... I thought it was all about the anxiety, but on the 5th visit he asked me if I had ever been diagnosed with ADD, and I said no because no one had ever mentioned it to me before.

The doc then asked a ton more questions, and had me fill out more paperwork with more in depth questions about symptoms and everyday life, and long story short, he diagnosed me with adultADD.

Then as I read more about adultADD I started recognizing things in myself, and also in my husband. My husband then saw a different psychaitrist and he was also diagnosed with adultADD.

Then we both went together to a 3rd psychaitrist so that we could each get a second opinion, and that psychaitrist confirmed that we both had ADD... and we have both had ADD since childhood, it was just never recognized way back then.