View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 09:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the reply Peter. I actually take muscle relaxers at night (as needed) and they do help some, but I find by morning, I'm usually back to square one and as the day goes on I'm hurting again. The funny thing is, I wake up with the headache and it only seems to build as the day goes on. I do work with a computer at work, but I get up and move around a lot, so I'm hardly confined to a desk all day.
I do have the bad habit of popping my neck ( I used to see a chiropractor regularly so I'm pretty familiar with how to do it), but lately it's not working as well as usual. I think most of that has to do with the overly tight muscles.
I went home early from work yesterday and called my neuro's office. They were able to work me in the same day. I went in and they gave me a shot to help alleviate the headache pain (it helped but didn't take the pain away completey unfortunately). They also sent me to the lab to draw blood for tests to find out if everything is normal. If it is then I will have to do an MRI. For once I won't complain about that even though I really can't afford it right now. I'm really wondering why my head is bothering me so much.
Normally I smoke at work and I tried to take a little puff of one cigarette this morning and it made my head hurt so I put it out. Guess this will help me quit, I've been wanting to but it hasn't been going well. This makes it easier.