View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Sunny nice to meet you and glad you found the forum!
There are only a small percent of doctors that ever run across TOS and even fewer that want to attempt to diagx or treat. It is not like setting a broken arm after a bad fall...it is nerve injury and they do not heal into new healthy nerves. They can develope into dead grayish matter, adhesions attach and entwine the nerve bundle. It can be a repetatitve injury, stretch like whiplas, genetic make up like extra ribs connecting to collar bone, Short bands that support the neck attached to the collar bone predisposting, large rib cage, tiny rib cage, long necks with longer cervical length above the claviacal.

Most test do not show TOS, with exceptions. They can rule out other ortho problems or mimic them, further frustrating doctors that EVERYTHING has to show in a test!
TOP TOS doc's can reproduce symptoms to identify the triggers of TOS, or the brachial entrapment. Only a handful of docs can do this or will do this.

Some 3-D MRI may show some injuries, xrays can show extra cervical ribs, some EMG when the damage is severe enough will start to show damage to the nerves tested that make muscles move. The sensory nerves the first affected in TOS are too small to test. They are the ones that feel heat, the muscle nerves are larger and are the ones that feel the heat and make the arm jerk away.

Blof Pressure. Because of my entrapments I have terrible reding one arm can say I should be dead, the other is off the charts. The blood clows into my arms because of the entrapments the bloodflow out through the compressed site is not good. My rings had to resized,

The only correct reading I get is on my leg, and listen for the paulse above the ankle. My docs are all use to this. Other wise I could show low readings or unreadable,
I do not have palpable paulses either, they need to use a stethascope, or they will feel their own and think it is mine.
Oh, and dental work, I can not take valium before numbing as the enzyme will not allow me to get numb. There is a newer one the dentist used to fix a tooth last week was better to numb. (Oh, take a foam, or towl to support your neck during dental cleanings and work. It can be a killer strain in that position without support.

Hope many others can share their experiance as I only had the herniations show on My MRI and they were the opposite side as my symptoms where were TOS injury side. One EMG did not show results, but CT, the second one by someone that wrote about TOS EMG results identified the compression at the collar bone area.
Welcome here hope you feel better,
di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote