View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 01:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It ticks me off that that people treat the service industry as second class citizens - using profanity, yelling, and behaving so irrationally that I can hardly imagine how anyone could live with themselves.

It ticks me off that this targetted anger has finally taken its toll on my kindness and I need to take a break. Then I get ticked off because I feel so guilty.

It ticks me off that the doctor and I decided I have to double my meds so that I don't suffer from stress and anxiety -so that I don't reach for a drink when I get home after my job.

It ticks me off that I have to be kind and calm with these irrational people who scream and swear at me.

It ticks me off that my life outside of work has turned upside down because of the stress I am dealing with at work.

It ticks me off that the people in charge have little if any knowledge about human interaction on the internet and that the difficulties I deal with on the telephone are due to people misconstruing the written word.

It ticks me off that people blame others for their mistakes and poor choices.

It ticks me off that I feel guilt for making the choice of taking care of myself and taking a stress leave.

It ticks me off that I will have to forfeit 5 days off pay so that I can destress from this unacceptable behaviour. (thankfully the remaining days will be covered by our health plan and if I'm not better in 2 wks, I can extend the time off).

It ticks me off that it is raining so hard here (isn't it awful scrabbley?) that even the weather reflects the way I am inside.

It ticks me off that I allowed my spirits to get to this point before reaching out for help.
Addy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote