View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 03:53 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Just got done reading about the weight struggles. It felt all too familiar.

I suffered and suffer from anorexia. Like you say, you don't have to be thin or fat to have an eating disorder.

At my lightest, I was probably under 95 pounds (age 19). I stopped looking at the scale. I don't even want to know what I did end up at, but my starving myself ultimately lead to mono. Which I'm sure didn't help my lingering chance for MS to develop.

Everything you detailed, including the interaction with the parents... like looking in the mirror. For me, it brought back a lot of memories.

I don't starve myself anymore. I eat. But I do watch what I eat. I tend to overdo the scale checking (sometimes twice daily). I feel "bad" when I have a snack that I know is too close to bedtime. Most days, I feel 'fat', when I know that really, I'm not. I'm a healthy weight, but I know I will struggle with this constant self image battle for my entire life.

When I was with the last bf of 7 years, I shoveled the food in. He loved me, I loved him, we'd always be together, and he didn't care what I looked like, right?

So freaking similar. We should get together sometime and do coffee girl
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote