View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 09:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kewlbutterfly, Love the name
Take my hand, you are no longer alone

BMW had it half right, I had the MVD and 2 gamma knives, (I have bilateral TN- so gamma on each side) ALL the surgeries failed and left me with AD too.
I have the same sensations you do, but the other thing I have is this sensation that hundreds of bees are stinging me from the upper lip to the bottom eye lid. Like you say, it is a 24/7 unrelenting pain.

I am sorry your neurosurgeon didn't care enough to help you through this. It is a risk factor, I was told before the surgery. But, well -when you are in enough pain, you will try just about anything. I thought the slim chance of getting AD was worth the risk. Even knowing what I do now, and suffering with the AD on top of the TN, I would still do it all over again..... I HAD to try!

So many have found relief with the MVD , I am truly sorry you were not among them. I am glad you have found a neurologist who is helping you.
A good supportive doctor is key. I am so sorry for your pain, but again, know that you are not alone Anything I can do to help, just let me know~Nikki

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (08-13-2008)