View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 04:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb See cardiologist, & could you have TOS/thoracic outlet syndrome?

Hi Rachel,

I agree with ALL the great ideas everyone has offered (including you!). Follow up on all of them, including:
-- possible heart problem (see cardiologist),
--?low blood sugar (get tested for hypoglycemia, diabetes, etc.),
--?anemia (get tested for),
--?thyroid problem (see endocrinologist who is a thyroid expert),
--?caffeine (keep food diary),
--?cold meds (include all meds in food diary),
--?other food sensitivites (keep food diary),
--?inadvertent gluten contamination (eat in, not out),
--?possible hypertension (high BP/blood pressure?),
--?food poisoning

Another idea: Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS) can cause some symptoms similar to what you described: Do you ever over-use your arms? I have some "ergonomic tips" that you can try. See Appendix D, on webpage 10 of my website, at http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com/page10.html

Another thought: Many years ago, I had palpitations, apparently due to a reaction to some new excipient (filler) in a nutritional supplement, when the company had changed ownership, thereby changing formulations! When I stopped using that particular company's supplement, the palpitations went away.

Also: Could you be dehydrated (from that severe diarrhea)?

And: What is your water source? I remember hearing that problems with municipal water sources (contamination with overdose of water purification chemicals &/or germs) can cause serious symptoms, including diarrhea, etc. This can also happen, if ice is made from the contaminated water (at restaurants, etc.).

Might you have been overheated, if weather was hot & humid?

Did you stand up suddenly? (can cause faintness, from orthostatic hypotension).

Were you exposed to any kind of chemical fumes, like from new carpet, nail polish, nail polish remover, formaldehyde "outgassing" from new particleboard, carbon monoxide from car exhaust leak, defective boiler, paint fumes, pesticide fumes, neuro-toxins on pet flea collars, etc.?

What was DIFFERENT, at the time all this started happening?

Hope you get this figured out soon!

Carol
http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com

Last edited by concerned lady; 09-06-2006 at 04:33 AM.
concerned lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote