View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 01:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default great ideas

lindylanka - thanks for responding here and in the database thread - I hope others offer their voices as well!

Your suggestion to look at other grassroots efforts is a good one; I've never heard of avaaz, but will check them out immediately. I also agree with your sentiments regarding keeping the effort united globally.

I especially want to bring attention to your statement:

"I love the idea of decision making by consensus but feel that any new venture starts of with a core group of 'ideas' people who trigger the momenturm. This is what is unfolding right now..... Could there be a statement of intent and a proposal, or something similar to a mission statement that condenses the core aims, all the detail can then be worked on from there. It is easier to get consensus on the heart of the matter......... that would be what people would sign up for, and would identify with........"

This is so true; we need all kinds of people with different skills. I am much better at the big picture; not so good with detailed follow up. I have been part of other collaborative ventures before, specifically in the area of mission development. It's great to get input from someone who has been monitoring this discussion that it might be time to put one forward. I'll try and take a stab at a draft version for community revision. It will be a great way to determine if we are all on the same, or similar, page.

Welcome to the conversation!

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote