View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 06:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the suggestions.

I do have sleep apnea and use a CPAP for all naps and every night. I've done that for several years. Never really experienced any "oh I feel so refreshed moments" while using it.

I normally take Provigil at 400 mg. By the end of the school year that had completely pooped out and stopped working. I have been off it most of the summer until recently when I started doing some curriculum work last week.

I have just a constant fatigue and I can't sleep the way my body needs once school starts. I have to be up around 5:30ish and I go to bed around 9 during the school year. I often find myself driving to work on the edge of exhaustion waiting for the meds to wake me up.

So neuro suggested 10mg of Ritalin which has no effect, at least the Provigil works some of the time.

In addition to the fatigue, I have constant issues with my hands and loss of grip and strength. I just finished OT for that. Walking and legs are on and off again and have been all summer.

I've felt rotten since June with a pretty much constant decline. Hard to be a great teacher when you're exhausted, can't hold anything and have trouble walking and moving.

I'm trying though. I will go in tomorrow to move some things around and try to set up my room. That takes days as everything has to be taken down and picked up and packed away.

Thanks again for the responses,
Weebs
weeble37 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bearygood (08-13-2008), weegot5kiz (08-13-2008)