Old 08-14-2008, 05:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
You have feel comfortable though . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
I like the fishy dress. Don't have to worry about slobbing stuff on it as much, but...
That's part of my problem in addition to it being bright. I've never been known as graceful, so I'm bound to get stuff on the pants especially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
What's to eat?
NOW you're talking, Taffy! They're having a yummy menu. Got to go to the food tasting to pick out stuff. It was months ago, but we picked a great menu. One of the things is a chipotle something or other..... well, I'll have to let you know AFTER the wedding. But it was ALL good and I know that my H and I got two different meals on purpose so we could share 1/2 each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Finally my specialty...shopping!!!!!!!
And I thought that was liquorama and/or food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
I agree, the bright one is best. Be sure to post a pic, here, of you in it..
I will, Sally. Tried it on last night with everything and it did look ok. I'm glad I did.

Tkrik, one of the strands on the necklace broke, so now I HAVE to go back to the store! Plus the shoes I got aren't the right size--I think the clerk switched boxes, so I have to exchange them for the larger size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPepper View Post
I like Coldwater Creek also...might have to order that outfit for myself.
Coldwater Creek's usually like an Ikea catalog for me. When I get the Ikea catalog, I end up redecorating (mentally) my entire place. Usually I fall into the Coldwater Creek catalog the same way. I'll put the catalog aside "just in case" and throw it out months later when I'm done deluding myself that I need to order something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
I like Nos. 1, 2 and 3 with No 2 being the favorite. My first reaction when I saw No 4 was that it was typical old lady attire. I've seen pictures of you and you appear much too young to wear something like that.
Carolina, I liked No. 1 too, but when I tried it on it didn't look at all good on me. I never would have picked that top out myself. In fact, I walked right by it in the store because I had the same reaction to it on the rack. It's really "flowy" material.

The majority has spoken. I'll go with the one they picked out for me with the fishy dress as backup in case I chicken out.

Really appreciate your opinions. I've learned it's better to have other people's advice on clothes as I tend to go toward dull, drab colors on my own. Always have.

Now to see if they're going to change the rehearsal time. My son KNEW that I was working all day and has known that for months. To think that I drove 5 hours one Saturday so I could go to a family funeral (for 30 minutes) in another state, drive across 3 states, and get to his fiance's bridal shower--and now I have to miss this because they can't wait?