View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 09:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was born with hypothyroidism/goiter and stunted growth and so on and so on. However, through the years my levels fluctuated with the Synthyroid and I have had a series of Grave's episodes. I have had a goiter all of my life (multi-nodular) and refuse to have it removed. I have difficulty swallowing and sleeping mainly due to the enlargement. In regards to Grave's, my sister has been dx'd with this for about 6 months. It arrived suddenly, with a 50 lb weight loss, bulging eyes with eye pains and insomnia. She has initiated this same chemo med now and has suffered hair loss, nail loss, rashes, irritability and a general feeling of ill health. She has a rapid heart rate, which a beta blocker was prescribed (Attenenol), yet she is miserable. Thyroid disease is terrible, especially when undiagnosed at birth, as I was. My final height and appendages should be a lot lengthier. And sometimes I am jealous of average height persons with average developemental patterns. I was a delayed developer due to this. Now, high cholesterol is haunting me. I have taken so many statins, I'm tired of this. And carpal tunnel, another nightmare I have endured with hypothyroidism.
Hola is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (08-14-2008)