View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 09:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks

Hi Mark
Thanks for your reply. Given that there are so many neurological disorders where the docs can't give a diagnosis, can't understand what causes them and can't actually treat them it amazes me that they try to be so adamant that it can't be my CRPS. I didn't have anything else beforehand and nothing else happened afterwards so I reckon it would be a jolly big coincidence to simultaneously develop more than one rare neurological disorder!!

I am sure that if I had pain and other symptoms in my other body parts they would agree that it is CRPS but I don't have these - just the non-stop, major movement issues. It is tedious having to keep "discussing" this with the docs who seem not to be able to think or research beyond their own boundaries of knowledge.

Otherwise I am pretty chirpy actually. My pain is fairly well managed and my GP is open to trying different meds if things don't work. I do OK and I am looking forward to the delivery of a fancy new "active user" wheelchair next week. I know there are some here who see this as a very negative thing but not me - I have no prospect of any rehab with the current movement problems and I am not going to sit around for the rest of my life and do nothing. It will give me back independance and mobility and let me enjoy stuff again. It is a great freedom and I just can't wait.
Gymjunkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote