View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink update...

Well, laundry time again.. our clothes were pretty ripe....almost moving by themselves!

It's been very cool temp wise here...definitely a long pants summer. Most of the ducks (adult) are gone. I guess the eagle has taken most of them. At one duck/day for 3 eagles that would be 90/month! There are two seagulls now that harry the eagles...and make a distinctive call..to warn the other birds...we watch the gulls divebomb the eagles!

The little orphans did know how to dive and catch minnows..and we still see them in their new family. The other two seem gone.

I have two cool pictures I recently took..one of a buck who was very tame and let me get pretty close--I still used my zoom however a bit...and a beautiful rainbow that appeared briefly after yesterday's storm. We rarely see rainbows since the sun has to be in a certain position...so this was a very special event for me!

We are enjoying the vacation, although I have some chronic GI thing. So I am losing weight (not a bad thing) and having issues with that. But I have read several books, and worked on my flowers. Just feeding everybody (hummers, deer, cats, husband) seems to occupy the day pretty much. We have alot of changeable weather, and it is mostly cool.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 09-29-2008 at 06:06 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (08-14-2008), Twinkletoes (08-14-2008)