View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 11:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default h pylori thank you all-gets scarier

thanks, all of you, for your attention. Ordering products you suggested, NOW DGL licorice root chewables, and looking into rhubarb root.. Still developing a western med. plan, too
My neurologist leaves for 2 weeks in Italy tomorrow and is doing alot of research on this. We've been back and forth by phone, and he wants a covering competent doc while he's away. Awaiting call.
Meanwhile, I switched to a superb GI doc at NYU where my neurologist is, who my friend with colon cancer likes alot(she's ok). This doc is away, but I'll see him in 2 weeks.
Got my biopsy report by fax, which is a bit more troublesome: duodenitis; antral nodule; gastritis.
Antral nodule shows showing "gastric mucosa" on an "antral lode with focal reactive atypia," with h-pylori on Giemsa stain.
AND!!! biopsy in body of stomach, more gastric mucosa, marked chronic and mild acute inflammation" with "focal mild intramucosal hemmorrhage."
And, just to complicate things, I'm allergic to penicillin and sulfa, primary components of western med h-pylori eradication.
This is all quite scary.
Have been googling all of this, naturally...need to keep a step ahead of doctors...