View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 06:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles Rachel.

I think everyone's advice is excellent.

I wanted to add that those are symptoms of glutening for me. I have not had the racing heart/passing out thing since going gf. However, when we ate gluten, I would not get it all the time or anything... just once in a while. They could never find anything wrong with my heart (or me) either.

Then a couple of times when I got minorly glutened after going gf, I got the heart pounding thing that would make me sit down to catch my breathe... and so I associated it with gluten. However, I do not get it every time I get glutened. My parents glutened my whole family last month and dd and I seemed practically symptomless... but the boys, who suffer more intestinally, took several days to overcome it.

So, I'm thinking two things:

You may still have been glutened somewhere and it hasn't become apparent yet.

Maybe it's not directly gluten related but some deficiency related. The post above that talks about Bs and zinc hit home for me. I've been taking Bs for a long time because they make such a big difference. I did not think zinc would be that big a deal but when I stop taking it, I notice a difference in how 'connected' I feel to what's going on around me. Somehow I feel more 'awake' on zinc.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote