Thread: Any ideas?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 01:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes it does help talking about it Addy.
Talking about it is the only thing that has kept me sane
I grieve the way I love, with all that I am. It is more painful to bull right through it, but I think the healing will come quicker. By that I mean, if I try to burry it, it will only come back to haunt me later.

Alffe, you know I do have a fabulous picture of them at their wedding. I had it and many others blown up for the memorial service. That’s a wonderful idea, thank you.

So I think I will chicken out a bit. I think on Saturday, I will put the picture, Abbies idea of a single flower... yellow rose, and a card in her car when she isn't looking I will tell her in the card that I would love to take her out the next day IF she wants company.

I like Koala's idea too. I already have the marble plaque made with my poem etched on it for the memorial garden. But, I think I will ask her if she wants one, or her own memorial garden at her house. Or if she would rather pick out a special flower to put in mine. Thanks Koala

Alffe thank you for the poem, its beautiful. You know they have been married since I was 18. (23 years) I tell her all the time, you know I really tried not to like you back then, but you made it so damn hard! She is a wonderful person. She loved my Dad, for that alone, I love her. I am proud to call her mom. She is very accepting of Dad's choice, more so than I am even. She hurts, she is lonely, she is still angry, but is mostly thankful he isn't suffering. See why I love her?

Thank you all so much for your help

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (08-14-2008), barbo (08-14-2008), weegot5kiz (08-14-2008), who moi (08-14-2008)