Old 08-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy14 View Post
Hi DiMarie,

I went to the dentist around 6 months ago and had to have around 8 needles to numb my mouth. Usually it only takes around 1 - 2. The dentist couldnt believe that I could still feel it. It freaked me out a bit because it took a whole day for the numbness to go away. I take valium and lyrica, could this be the cause??? Its never been mentioned to me by any dentist / Dr. Then again half of the info on here my Dr's dont seem to know about!

I also have high blood pressure one day and normal the next. Whenever I visit my local Dr he has made a note to check it everytime due to the inconsistency of the readings. He doesnt know a great deal about TOS and I am the only patient he has ever had with it. My fingers are also very swollen, which I find somewhat embarassing when looking at jewelry etc. People are always looking at my little chubby fingers and I am sick of explaining myself to people!!!! Just whinging.

Ozzy
It very well could be the valium, but I am not a doctor nor claim to portray one on TV...But, I was told it was an enzyme I have produced from the valium.
I will ask what I used last time that worked with a second shot. The first shot, I may have been 75% numb, but with the second shot I was good and numb. I had to replace a total big filling on the second to last molar, plus rebuild the inside wall I broke off on a bite of food.

Have him check the BP in both arms during the visit. I think you need to wait a set amount of minutes so maybe the nurse check one arm when you go in then have the doc check it again the second arm. I almost ended up on BP medicine, then they went to checking on my leg instead when I go in. Fine BP.

I hated going up two sizes in my rings.....I look at rings and almost wear the same size as my husband. Summer is worse too.

Join the gang!
Hugs
di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ozzy14 (08-17-2008)