View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 04:21 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Ohmygosh! Insomnia really sucks!

I tried and couldnt not sleep Wednesday night. I managed to fall asleep around 8am thursday morning...and woke up around noon and never got back to sleep again.

It's now FOUR in the morning on friday and I STILL have not fallen asleep yet.

ARGH!!!!!

And, I have to be up before noon because we've got someone coming over today.

Right now, insomnia seems to be my most annoying MS symptom. Weird, all my previous MS annoyances seem to have let up on me for the most part, except for the MS Trolls in my head that are apparently pumping caffeine directly into my brain somewhere.

I do have sleeping pills (amitriptyline) but they didnt work for me the other day...so I havent even bothered with it. I have trazodone too, but it makes me feel weird the next day.

Maybe I'll go sleep in my recliner.

I looked up MS and sleep disorders. I'm pretty sure that I'm not depressed. I dont feel sad. I'm actually pretty happy with the way things are going right now. The numbness and weird vision problems havent been bothering me lately (other than the left arm that goes numb every night when I'm sleeping, but it always wakes up when I do)

Except for a weird infection last week (dont ask..it was a girl thing) I dont think I have anything strange in the way of infection going on (well, maybe under a filling that's going to get removed in October)

I'm wondering if there's an exacerbation about to hit me. I hope not. That would probably not be good. (can you tell I need sleep. I tend to ramble on when I'm tired) An exacerbation would probably really suck right now...seeing as I just paid for a hotel room for my weekend trip in two weeks. (probably a good thing I paid the $8 for the insurance to be able to cancel if something were to interfere with my plans)

Does anyone else go thru stretches of insomnia that seems to stick around for several days at a time? I really dont feel like going to a psychiatrist, or going somewhere to have a sleep study done (how can they study sleep, if you're not sleeping...sounds like that would be a problem) Plus a sleep study sounds like it's expensive. I'm pretty sure my insurance company doesnt like me and wouldnt like me using them to help pay for a sleep study.

I guess I'll go lay down and listen to classical music...something boring, maybe that will knock me out?

right after I go have breakfast with my dad before he leaves for work.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote