View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Kelly, I remember one of my friends with MS had found a "natural" remedy, which she shared with another MS friend. According to both of them, it really works for joint pain :

"Get golden raisins (not the brown ones) and soak them in GIN, in a glass pan or dish. Let sit on cupboard for 4-5 days with paper towel over the top. Then put them in a glass jar or just put the glass pan in refrigerator. Eat 9-20 a day."

... and this tidbit:

Q. I am interested in trying the gin-soaked raisins for joint pain, but I have a question about the safety of eating the raisins and taking anti-anxiety medication. Is it safe to eat 9 raisins and take Xanax the same day? I have to take Xanax sometimes and have read that alcohol should not be used while taking it.

A. You are absolutely right that alcohol and sedatives like Xanax (alprazolam) do not mix. We had the alcohol content of nine gin-soaked raisins analyzed and learned that it amounts to about one drop. That should not be enough to cause problems, even when you need to take Xanax.

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/archi..._jock_itch.php

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (08-15-2008)